- 30 Things Men Do That Women Always Find Sexy
- 25 Things Women Wish Men Knew: The Secret Of What Women Want – REVEALED!
- We asked 25 single Charlotte women what they wish Charlotte men knew
- On dates
- On communication
- On behavior
- On swag
- 25 Things Single Women Want Men to Know
- 15 Things Women Want From the Men in Their Lives
- 25 Things Single Men Want Women to Know
30 Things Men Do That Women Always Find Sexy
When men talk about what, outside of personality, they find super attractive about a certain woman, the list usually involves a lot of body parts.
But when women describe what they find attractive about a man, it often comes down to body language; the way he walks, the way he holds a glass, and even the way he buttons his shirt can be huge, inexplicable turn-ons.
Not that a girl can't appreciate a nice set of guns, of course, or a tall frame, but more often than not, it's little gestures that can drive a woman wild.
And what's funny about it is that the guy doesn't even realize he's doing something that's a turn-on, because that's just how he is naturally (which, of course, is part of what makes it so hot). Herein, allow us to present a brief list of some of the non-sexual sexy things guys do that women have revealed to be huge turn-ons. And to get the other side's perspective, check out 30 Things Women Do That Men Always Find Sexy.
When you're in the car with a man, him doing this exudes an air of complete control. It's the man's body is saying, “I don't even have to use my whole hand. I got this.” And for more ways to up your game, learn The Single Best Way to Boost Your Attractiveness.
Letting the entire lower arm hang out is dangerous and implies a certain sloppy carelessness.
Leaning your elbow against the open window and steering the wheel with just one hand, however, exudes control and total ease, with just a splash of recklessness.
It's absolutely one of the most sexy things guys do. For places to drive one-handed, check out the 40 Roads Everyone Needs to Drive By Age 40.
Body language experts will say that, when a man puts his hand on your upper back, it can be a friendly gesture, but a hand on the lower back always implies desire.
In addition to being a subtle mark of attraction, it's also quite chivalrous, as you are at once leading her while also letting her go first.
(It goes without saying that this is a move that can only be done with a woman you're dating, not, say, a colleague at a work dinner.) For more ways to boost your chivalry, check out the 50 Ways to Be (Much) More Romantic.
Again, it cannot be overstated that this is a great move only when you know the woman is into you. And, even then, if, for whatever reason, she takes your hand off, or tenses up, abort immediately. A lot of what makes a man attractive is the ability to read a woman's body language and make sure she feels at ease.
This is particularly nice when you're in a restaurant together, or at a family function, as it sends a subtle signal to everyone that she's your girl and you're proud of it. And for more ways to comport yourself in a highfalutin establishment, learn the 25 Things You Should Always Do In A Fancy Restaurant.
This is a really nice protective gesture, especially when you're walking through a dodgy area, but it's somehow especially exciting when the man does it if he's on a phone call, to remind his girl that just because he's talking to someone else doesn't mean he's forgotten about her presence.
There's no logical reason for why this is somehow more attractive then grabbing the shirt by the ends and pulling it off with both hands, but there it is.
the elbow on the car window, this gives off an air of ease.
In theory, this should not be more attractive than taking your wallet your coat pocket, which in many ways is the more civilized move, but for some reason that lean back and hand slide into a pair of jeans is irresistible.
In a massive reddit thread on things men do they don't even realize are attractive, this got the top spot.
For some reason, this is way more of a turn on with a buttoned-up shirt than, say a sweater, perhaps because it sort of says, “Yes, I'm a professional man with his life together, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty when need be.” And for more style tips, learn the 40 Ways to Dress Well In Your 40s.
So much of what men are told is attractive revolves around being “dominant” and “assertive.
” And while those can be, indeed, good qualities, one of the most upvoted responses on the aforementioned Reddit thread was that feeling a woman has when she's reading or putting on makeup and she looks up to find her man looking at her with eyes that suddenly resemble tiny pools of water. As one user put it, “'I'll catch my boyfriend looking at me with that softer look, and I'll say, teasingly, 'You're staring!' and he'll say, 'Gazing!' and look away. The next minute I see him looking at me that again, and every time, it makes my heart squeeze.” No wonder woman are more attracted to men with more “feminine features” for long-term relationships.
This seems counterintuitive, but a lot of women describe seeing a muscular man in a sweater that is at once fitted and snuggly the same way men describe seeing Emily Ratajkowski in a bathing suit.
Perhaps women have been inculcated into thinking this is attractive by the Victoria's Secret winter catalogues, or perhaps it's just a turn-on because it's cuddly and protective. Plus, it gives a woman the opportunity to “drop the handkerchief.
” For more on this move, check out 10 Subtle Signs a Girl Really s You.
When a man stretches and his shirt rises so that the V-shape of his pelvis is just slightly visible, it's even better than being fully shirtless.
The difference between being “chivalrous” and “patronizing” is all in the tone and body language. If you do something for a woman in a condescending way, that's not attractive. But when you do it just to be nice, it is.
On several threads, many women noted that there's something charming and intimate about a man sliding his coat on and brushing her hair the way before you venture out into the cold. Don't go overboard with full-on Prince Charming moves kissing her hand.
Remember: being a modern gentleman is about making her feel good, not about making yourself look awesome.
On a massive thread on things men do that they don't know is sexy, one Reddit user wrote, “Just being handy. Drives me wild when my [boyfriend] fixes something or puts something together.” For more on things that your grandmother taught you that are actually worth following, check out 40 Old-Fashioned Relationship Tips That Still Apply Today.
In the same thread, one user wrote, “Run their fingers through their hair. Especially when they're doing it subconsciously, while thinking, or after working out to get the sweat off their forehead.”
For some reason, this came up a lot in various threads. Especially when a man has great guns and a nice bod.
One Reddit user wrote, “When they take the initiative to do something as little as wash a dish you forgot to wash,” on thread about the non-sexual sexy things guys do. Little things this can also really make your partner fall in love with you, as proven by These Adorable Little Romantic Gestures Are Sure to Make Your Partner's Day.
On Reddit user wrote, “Remembering personal details I've mentioned in passing conversation. A guy just made a comment to me about how my aunt worked at the zoo, and I lost [it]. Feels good to know you're listened to, even if it's sometimes about the mundane details of your life.”
This came up a lot in Reddit threads, and it's a really easy fix. Invest in some nail clippers and use them regularly.
A lot of men think that being “romantic” means taking a woman out for a really expensive dinner or taking her on a boat ride through a lake filled with swans, but that's not true.
Oftentimes, the most romantic gestures stem from simply being thoughtful, making her a cup of coffee every morning, or doing the dishes one night when you know she'll be tired from coming home late, or taking her to the bench where you had your first kiss.
For more on the little stuff that counts, check out 7 Ways to Reignite Your Romance in Your 40s.
Seeing a man interact well with children sends a subconscious, evolutionary signal to a woman that he would be a great dad. Just watching a guy get down on one knee and patiently explain something complicated to a child can send shivers through a woman. To increase your own paternal qualities, learn the 20 Best Ways to Be A (Much) Better Dad.
This is one of those small gestures that tells a women you are kind, considerate, and gentlemanly—all of which are sexy qualities. On one Reddit thread, one woman said that one of the things that really turns on her on about her SO is that, when on a crowded train, he'll “position himself directly behind me and tilt his shoulder toward anyone who comes close.
He's a lot bigger than I am and kinda broad-shouldered, so he effectively blocks me from being touched by strangers (which happens on the train a lot – if you're a lady and it's crowded, you're probably gonna get groped at some point).
I don't think he consciously does it, but it makes me feel really loved/cared-for and I am crazy grateful for it every time.”
By now, you've probably realized that being protective is sexy to a woman on a deep, primal level. And nothing makes a woman feel more safe or adored that when a man envelopes her with his body, especially when he's standing behind her, Atlas holding the world in his arms.
This really stimulates all sorts of brain chemistry in a woman, particularly oxytocin, which is known as the “love hormone.” For more on the scientific reason puppies have this effect on people, check out Here's the Age When Cute Puppies Are At Their Cutest.
If there's one thing we learned from the Hot Dudes Reading Instagram account, it's that nothing is sexier than a man lost in a good book.
“I LOVE watching my boyfriend cook,” one woman wrote in a Reddit thread. “I can stand there and watch him all day long. He's bustling around, chopping veggies and putting dry rub on meats and stirring things around in a pan, all confident and sure-.
He thinks he's just making dinner.
What he doesn't know is that by the time the meal is ready, after watching him be so competent and unself-conscious and focused on making the food, I want to rip his clothes off and have my way with him first, and eat dinner later.”
“When my SO talks excitedly about anything he cares about, even if it isn't really one of my interests, it is insanely attractive to me,” one woman wrote on the same thread.
“I love the look a guy has on his face when he is trying to figure something out” another woman wrote. As with cooking, reading, and being passionate about a topic, it's a sign that a man doesn't have the attention span of a three-year-old, which is hot.
Especially after a long day in the office.
To discover more amazing secrets about living your best life, click here to sign up for our FREE daily newsletter!
25 Things Women Wish Men Knew: The Secret Of What Women Want – REVEALED!
Boyfriends make the best of friends and amazing lovers, but it goes without saying that sometimes (okay, a LOT of the time) we think men could do more.
Familiar phrases spring to mind; 'He never makes enough effort', 'he's always with his friends' and 'he never notices me,' but as they say, boys will be boys.
So we decided to take a different approach in getting him to understand by creating the ultimate women's wish list (that we hope will make things easier for man and womankind).
And while this is no lesson on how to treat a lady it's a pretty accurate guide into what us girls are really thinking. Boys, once you've read this, you will have THE KNOWLEDGE. Use it wisely.
1. Small things count.
Some guys think all they have to do is surprise us once and they’re set for life, but trust us, we're keeping note. Why not pick-up our favorite feel-good treat while you’re on your way home this evening (clue, it's either wine, chocolate or cheese) or buy us that new book we've been talking about non-stop. Trust us, our appreciation will show.
2. The E-word.
Effort (a word no man is unfamiliar with) is always the hitch. Take out the trash, call us to see how our day was or do something really special for our anniversary. We're worth your time.
3. Confidence is hot, arrogance is NOT.
Every girl loves a man who’s comfortable in his own skin. It makes us feel safe and protected and nothing feels sexier than that. But arrogance? We. Can’t. Stand. It.
4. Chivalry is not dead.
Be old fashioned from time to time – we freaking love it. Pay on the first date, hold the door for us and walk us to the front door. Promise, we won’t call you stage-five clinger.
5. Don’t be a man-baby.
We’re nurturing, yes. Women love taking care of their men and helping them out, but as soon as we feel we’re in mommy mode we want out. Most guys are kids at heart, but if we’re doing more than a bit of coddling (i.e. cutting your food into little pieces) then there’s definitely a BIG problem.
6. Listen and take interest.
After a hectic day all we want our man to do is listen. Women to talk and pour their feelings out – it’s a well known fact. We confide in you, because we trust you to make us feel better. So please just mute the TV, put down your beer and just listen dammit!
7. Be honest.
It’s true when they say honesty is the best policy. Telling a fib might seem a great idea now, but women always find out and when we do it ain't pretty. Most importantly, don’t cheat and lie about it. That's just cowardly.
8. Make us a priority.
Women need to feel they’re more important than an Xbox. Of course men need to spend time with their friends and have some down time, but 3rd place isn’t cool. If your girl doesn't feel she’s a priority then you're doing something very wrong buddy.
9. Notice the small things.
Everyone wants to be noticed by their partner. New hairstyle? New clothes? New dress size? New bra? Say something to acknowledge our effort, besides we (partially) did it for you!
10. Take it slow (in bed).
It can’t get any worse than a man finishing before we've even started. Women take longer to reach orgasm and foreplay is key – take your time and don’t rush. Thank you.
11. Turning down sex is NOT a big deal.
More often than not, if we turn down sex, it probably has nothing to do with you. We all have our down days – exhaustion, stress, worry? They’re all major mood killers. It happens – don't take it personally.
12. Help us.
There’s nothing more irritating than a lazy man. Try helping us out with household chores, the school run and daily errands. It’s just as much your responsibility as it is ours.
13. Sometimes we need 'me time'.
Most of the time you can’t get us to shut-up, but sometimes we need a little ‘me time'. If your woman seems relaxed and says nothing's wrong, there probably isn’t. Chill out dude.
14. Learn to say sorry.
Stop being so stubborn! If it’s your fault and you’re clearly in the wrong you owe it to us. Go on, say the magic word. Sorry can go a long way in relationships…
15. Sometimes we really do feel sh*t.
Men think women are attention seekers most of the time, but sometimes we actually do feel crap. Don’t forget those painful cramps, headaches and PMS. Periods are hell to deal with – give us a break.
16. Toilet humor.
While poo talk is comical at times sending us a Snapchat of what you ate for dinner yesterday is not our idea of a hot date. Enough said.
17. Take care of your hygiene.
Brushed your teeth? Showered? Deodorized? You’re a grown ass man, just do it already.
18. Know yourself.
We need to be on the same page. If a man knows what he wants and is self-assured they're a lot less ly to seek fulfilment in pointless things getting wasted with mates and talking to 10 other chicks, (for which there's zero tolerance for by the way).
19. Do not forget our anniversary or birthday.
There’s 365 days in a year and you only have to remember 2 of them, that’s why we get pissed off. Set a reminder on your phone, write it in your planner or tell your mom if you have to (just don't tell us you did), but whatever you do, do NOT forget.
20. Respect us.
Some men don't value their partners as much as they should. Love her it's your last day, appreciate her for all that she is and be grateful for everything she does. Think about it.
21. Pinterest is your answer to everything.
Pinterest is your saving grace. It's a collage of all the pretty things we wish we could have and it's your job to make our dreams come true. Use it to your advantage!
22. We're suckers for romance.
Never ask a girl if she wants flowers, or anything in fact. The answer is simply YES. Of course we do! Especially, if it's to do with rose petals, candles, dinner and wine.
23. Cook us dinner.
There's nothing sexier than a man who knows his way around the kitchen.
24. Things from the heart count.
If you've ever thought of making a super sweet gift a homemade card, scrapbook or a mixed CD and thought, 'too cheesy', you're wrong! It's a great way of speaking from the heart especially since guys aren't always so good at it (verbally). We're guaranteed to love it.
25. You can't live without us.
Men often take women for granted, but in reality you're nothing without us! Who else would take care of you? Play dress up? Make you a better man? Just admit it.
—Written by Vivian KELLY—Now take the quiz:
We asked 25 single Charlotte women what they wish Charlotte men knew
In an effort to help the men of Charlotte improve their dating skills, I set out to ask single women in Charlotte what’s one thing they wish single guys knew. But I’m a southern churchgoer, which means most of my friends got married at 23 after six weeks of dating, so I had to get Mary’s help in finding enough single women.
TL;DR: Learn how to communicate, put in some effort, and all the things you think make you cool don’t make you cool at all.
“I’m not sleeping with you after one date.” – Brooklyn
“Breweries aren’t the only option for dates. Saying that you’re ‘pretty broke right now’ isn’t an excuse to never have a cool date idea.” – Whitney
“I wish they knew how to make a dinner reservation ahead of time. Dates are weird enough without a 2-hour wait.” – Mariya
“Brewery first dates are preferred.” – Chelsea
“If you’ve been on three dates or more, ghosting should not be on the table.” – Kirsten
“Just because you paid for my drink doesn’t mean you automatically get to sleep with me.” – Micah
“Not every girl you meet is one of two very different extremes. Not all girls are going to be the one night hookups and not all girls want a ring on it after the first date. Some of us genuinely want to get to know them even if it doesn’t end in relationships. Better ask us before they just assume what we want.” – Sidney
“I don’t want to hear a solution when I’m venting. Just listen.” – Shelli
“Girls read into one-word answers. Don’t drive us crazy! Give us a little context behind your short answers.” – Kelsey
“Guys need to learn how to hold a conversation. ‘wyd?’ is not what I’d call engaging.” – Katrina
“If I’m talking to you on a dating app, I actually have an interest in meeting you and not just texting for two weeks before losing contact.” – Tianna
“Ghosting isn’t cool. Just be honest and forthcoming because I’ve seen countless girls getting ghosted after having three awesome dates and it is so disheartening.” – Rebecca
“I wish Charlotte guys knew that it doesn’t take MUCH effort to get someone to go out with you – you just have to do slightly better than a ‘you up’ text. Honestly the bar is SO DAMN LOW. ” – Layne
[Related – Agenda readers say the dating scene has gotten worse – and they’re sick of the apps]
“Catcalling is not the way to go. A simple hello is fine.” – Sara
“Your profile pic with you and that other girl is confusing. I don’t care if she’s your cousin. I automatically think you’re unavailable.” – Kendall
“It’s rare that you find a guy who still opens the car door for a girl past the second date, or insists ladies order first in a restaurant, or walks a female back to her vehicle late at night and makes sure she got home alright. Yes I can do all of that myself but knowing a guy cares enough to do it is impressive to me. Being a gentleman never goes style.” – Yana
“If you’re stumped on pick up lines in order to approach a girl, I say don’t worry about the clever bit—just start a conversation. Pick up lines are style anyways. They remind me of dad jokes now.” – Danielle
“When you delete a dating app it doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ve deleted your account. So when you attach your Instagram to hinge and stuff WE CAN STILL SEE YOU BAE’D UP.” – Hallie
“How to pay my bills.” – Riley, a gay man weighing in
“Money doesn’t make you special. We can all get more money any time we want to.” – Evie
“Women aren’t things.” – Ansley
“Trying to meet people outside of dating apps and the bars shouldn’t be a lost art.” – Rachel
“I wish guys would grow the balls to say something when they want to say it and make a move. They don’t do that much here. It’s very frustrating.” – Jordan
“Your overpaid job at the bank doesn’t make you special or better than anyone else.” – Callie
“You don’t need to act a cool guy around your friends. I d you when you were goofy. Stay goofy.” – Elaina
[Related – 9 Charlotte grocery stores ranked by how attractive the shoppers are]
Read Next Story
25 Things Single Women Want Men to Know
Single women have spoken, and they want single men to know their s and diss. Through trial and error, the single lifestyle continues to flourish while both sexes continue to make mistakes. But will they learn from their mistakes – that is the question. Hopefully, this article will provide some answers.
Both men and women have their expectations on what they are looking for in their significant other. Or perhaps they aren't looking for a mate, but instead are looking for someone to smash. For those unfamiliar with the term smash – it's also referred to as sex.
I interviewed some of my single female friends about what they want to tell men and their responses were very interesting. I was quite surprised that I only received a few duplicate responses. These women were also quick to share their advice.
I hope men don't take these responses personally, but instead take them to heart and learn a lesson or two or twenty-five. The responses should not place women in a bad spotlight as this is not my intention. Appreciate the humor, wit, sarcasm that they share and who knows you just might meet your match one day.
No names will be used to protect the innocent, or so they say.
1. If you treat a girl a certain way in the beginning don't become a jerk after you get her. We understand that “we” might not click, but be considerate of our time and emotions.
2. If we ask you to meet our parents that means we really you. By meeting our mothers you could get a glimpse of your future wife. This could be a good thing or bad, but we are willing to take the risk.
3. If you frequent bars and drink in excess, chances are we won't want you. But if you know how to pace your drinking and don't get sloppy drunk, you have a better chance for being selected.
4. Ghosting ain't cool. We understand that you would rather vanish than deal with explaining why you aren't interested, but we closure. Supposedly if you really us, but prefer not to be with us, you would rather ghost than hurt our feelings. Trust us, our hurt feelings will survive the aftermath. We tend to consider it as another lesson learned.
5. We communication. We don't when you take hours to return a text. As women, we tend to think the worse. Fights and overreactions could be prevented by simply communicating.
6. Contrary to what you have heard, honesty is key. Goes back to the saying, “I would rather be hurt with the truth than comforted with a lie.” Pain builds character. Pain makes us stronger. Lies are a waste of constructive energy and a sign of weakness.
7. We aren't kids anymore and time is precious. Be truthful upfront about what you expect of us. Be real, you will know quickly if you sense a future with someone. Do not string us along because it's 'better than being alone' or until you find a right swipe that you better. This is not fair to either of us.
8. Break the stereotypes of just saying things to keep the peace or calm us down. Have the difficult conversations with us. We promise it will make things go more smoothly.
9. Do not use sex as a weapon. It's nearly impossible to come back from that.
10. Just men do not drama, neither do most women. So, save the drama for your mama.
11. Size really doesn't matter.
12. We will go above and beyond for you when we feel we are appreciated. Resentment begins if we feel we are being taken advantage of.
13. Do not be rude and check out other women when you are with us. We understand that at times it might be difficult not to look, but do so in a tasteful manner. Women have about perfected the ogle.
14. To most men it comes natural to walk away or go to sleep mad. Most women do not that! Saying something as simple as 'lets take a breather and discuss this tomorrow' could make a major difference in how you feel about the situation.
15. We would appreciate it if men would stop making comments such as 'don't be crazy' or 'you are just hormonal.' Just because you express emotions differently, we would hope that you respect our feelings instead of writing them off as mood swings. Stop and listen to us without distractions such as the TV or your phones.
16. While we do appreciate it when you pick up the check, please don't be offended when we actually want to treat you. It doesn't make you any less of a man to have us pay for your drinks or meals.
17. Do not be offended if we just want to hook up. It's not just men who don't want to make a commitment and would rather just have a Wham, Bam, Thank you, Sir.
18. If you can't make a solid plan than we are not taking you serious. Women don't read minds. We don't just assume.
19. Not all women are gold diggers. Just because we have never been married doesn't mean there's something wrong with us. We just haven't met the right one and we don't want to settle.
20. We prefer not to mother you so try your best not to be needy. We want to be with a man who is confident with himself and does not require ego boosts.
21. We do not need you to smell you bathed in cologne. We shouldn't be able to smell you from 15 feet away. You shouldn't leave a trail of fumes when you walk by. We much prefer the scent of body soap.
22. Don't make bold statements about our personality traits when you first meet us. You come across as a weirdo or just trying to smash us. Do not assume you know us unless we give you the thumbs up.
23. Compliments are nice to receive, but in moderation. If compliments are excessive than we might assume you are up to no good. We much prefer tokens and acts of kindness over words of flattery. Buy us a single flower. Open the car door for us. Chivalry isn't really dead as some might have heard.
24. Respect us and you will get the same in return. Disrespect us and you will also get the same in return. It takes two to tango.
25. If we each other, let's take it slow. There will be no need to rush things. As we have learned the quicker a relationship is rushed, the quicker it will combust. Slow and steady.
15 Things Women Want From the Men in Their Lives
I’ve conducted a lot of research regarding women's friendships and the ways that people can most effectively maintain healthy connections over the long-term. In a recent study, however, we explored what women, from 18 to 75, need from the men in their lives.
Not surprisingly, the qualities women seek in heterosexual romantic partners, male friends, and men in general, are not all that different from what they seek in a friend. This makes sense: Any good relationship is built on some basic, down-to-earth qualities.
Specific to Romantic Partners
Women don’t need partners who invest all their energy in trying to prove how strong, manly, masculine, macho, or heroic they are. They just want men who are willing to meet them where they are and treat them fairly and equitably — and are able to make sure that the romantic spark keeps burning.
There’s no reliable assessment that can predict whether someone is going to be a good match for you or not; no dating-site algorithm can accurately predict the human heart.
Even when a potential partner brings all of the following qualities to a relationship, that's no guarantee that the two of you will have good “chemistry” or meet up at the right time for each of you to enter a new relationship.
However, recognizing what we know that we need from the important people in our lives increases our “relationship quotient” so that we can at least be aware of areas worthy of enrichment prior to establishing a new romantic connection.
The traits that women tend to value and need most from the men in their lives can be categorized in three discrete areas: moral integrity (from all men); relational sensitivity (from friends and partners); and satisfying intimacy (from romantic partners).
Traits of Moral Integrity
Mutual respect is an all-or-nothing proposition: Once a person loses respect for a partner, all bets are off. Women should be given the same respect that men offer other men.
When a person is made to feel disrespected or patronized, the relationship is ly to end sooner rather than later.
In terms of romantic relationships, even when you’re angry or disappointed by a partner, respect should be maintained.
- Open communication that occurs regularly and tactfully is essential. A healthy relationship flourishes when communication is clear.
- Honesty is another “make or break” trait: Don't give someone any reasons to doubt you.
- Trust and trustworthiness allow relationships to deepen.
- Taking responsibility for actions and behavior. Long-term healthy relationships require a high level of maturity. Without it, disagreements and conflict worsen as couples engage in the “blame game.” Communication fails and emotional damage can be done that cannot be easily repaired.
Traits of Relational Sensitivity
- Women need men to show kindness, patience, understanding, empathy, and compassion. Regardless of the type of relationship, men and women should be considerate of each other's feelings. Recognize that a partner’s trials and tribulations matter to her and that partners’ roles are to cherish and care for and about one another.
- Friendship between men and women is also desired. Being a friend to your partner means treating her in the patient, accepting manner in which you treat other close friends.
- Emotional maturity is essential. It’s okay to have some childish fun when it’s appropriate, but it’s important for women and men to behave grown-ups when it’s time to do so, too. Being aware that brute strength does not equal intelligence is also helpful in maintaining healthy communication and connection. Sometimes it’s better to sit back and think through problems before trying to manhandle your partner into a forced solution.
- Being supportive to the women in your life can do a world of good. Supporting your partner is a primary role. Whether your partner or a friend needs emotional or practical support, be there to assist in small and big ways. Whether it’s taking time to listen, or more active involvement in major decisions, child rearing, finances, etc., make your presence a positive and supportive one.
- and 6. Sensitivity coupled with validation of your partner's experiences are essential. The cultural experiences of adults vary greatly gender identity. Recognize your own biases in how you view other women and imagine how your partner might be negatively affected by a world that sees women as less than. Don’t assume she is making things up when she shares stories of prejudice, discrimination, or unfair treatment. Gender roles constrain behavior; playing a part in breaking down harmful gender roles at home and in the workplace benefits both men and women. Don’t make women jump a higher bar to prove themselves – women and men should be afforded the same rewards for the same investment. Gender shouldn’t be a disadvantage in a relationship or a work place.
Types of Satisfying Intimacy with Romantic Partners
- Bring adventure and excitement into the relationship, in safe and welcome ways. Challenge your partner’s perspectives and allow your own to be challenged as well. Open yourself up to new experiences and ways of thinking as you make it safe and inviting for your partner to do the same. Intellectual stimulation keeps relationships dynamic.
- Companionship and partnership go along with friendship and create the glue that keeps most long-term relationships moving forward. No one realizes how little energy they might have for sexual activities once kids arrive, or jobs demand longer hours, or illness or disability occur; there will be times when loyal companionship is what both of you need most from each other.
- Saying “I love you” may not be easy; these words can be highly charged. Sadly, some people believe that saying them makes them vulnerable and more ly to be hurt. Your partner, though, deserves to be made aware of your love. If saying those three words just isn’t going to happen, make sure you show your partner love in ways that matter most to her. We all need to feel loved.
- As for sex, women ask that men don’t make everything about sex – i.e., don’t do favors that you assume will result in sexual favors being done for you. Your good behavior should not be viewed simply as a means towards a particular end. Good sex can’t be bought, and by expecting sex as a payoff for doing something that pleases your partner, you turn a potentially romantic encounter into more of a business deal. Few and far between are the women who want to feel that they owe sex to a partner.
- Sexual activities that are geared to pleasing your partner, not just yourself, are what your partners need you to provide. Sex should be a fun adventure that allows partners to explore and expand their sexual connection, not just a repetition of the same old, same old. As one participant shared, “Men need to ditch the myth of female sexual purity once and for all: With the right partner, women enjoy sex every bit as much as a man.”
What Everyone Deserves
Women need the men in their lives to be feminist allies who want to see the women in their lives succeed every bit as much as they want to enjoy their own success.
Men should take time to recognize and acknowledge a woman's strengths and respect her for all that she brings to their relationship.
And when it comes to romantic connection, women want the same things men want; they might just want them in a different order.
25 Things Single Men Want Women to Know
Through trial and error, the single lifestyle continues to flourish while both sexes continue to make mistakes. But will they learn from their mistakes? That is the question. Hopefully, this article will provide some answers.
Both men and women have their expectations on what they are looking for in their significant other. Or perhaps they aren't looking for a mate, but instead are looking for someone to smash. For those unfamiliar with the term smash – it's also referred to as sex.
I interviewed some of my single male friends about what they want to tell women and their responses were very interesting. I was quite surprised that I didn't receive any duplicate responses. These men were also quick to share their advice.
One of my favorite quotes was, “There are good men out there, but no perfect guy.” And as a woman, I agree. Perfection is overrated. Perfection is also boring. If one is perfect, there is no room for improvement.
I hope women don't take these responses personally but instead take them to heart and learn a lesson or two or twenty-five. The responses should not place men in a bad spotlight as this is not my intention. Appreciate the humor, wit, sarcasm that they share and who knows you just might meet your match one day.
No names will be used to protect the innocent, or so they say.
- We don't want to hear about your previous relationships. We feel you are comparing us and creating a label. Possibly down the road you could share, but not early in a relationship.
- We might not want to date you, but we might want to smash you. If we could agree to just smash and you have no other expectations, we will get along just fine.
- If you put out on the first date you will just be someone I smash. There will never be a future for us. Try waiting until after the third date.
- Do not expect me to respond to every text you send me. Men don't need constant communication.
- We the thrill of the chase. We don't when you are easy to catch. We don't when you are always available, that takes away from the thrill.
- Don't be demanding. We don't to take orders.
- Don't be afraid to approach us; to initiate contact. We don't bite. Unless you want us too.
- We understand you might have male friends which is why you should respect our female friends. We don't want any cat fights.
- We do not want any drama. And by any, we mean any.
- Do not expect us to pay for everything. We to be treated to a drink or meal also.
11. Use current photos for online dating. This way if we do meet up I could easily find you! And do not use fake profiles to stalk me.
12. We don't want to cuddle and chat after smashing. Sorry ladies but the old saying “Wham, Bam, Thank you ma'am” stands true. We just want to go to sleep.
13. We know that some women enjoy the thrill of the chase too and the bad boy factor but not all men are bad. Some of us actually want to treat you right. You just have to figure out what you want and find the right guy.
14. Chances are we will ghost you when we are no longer interested. Do not take it personally. We would rather ghost you than have to explain why we no longer want contact. Women require a lengthy and detailed conversation that could go on for hours. Men don't have time for that because we most ly have already moved on. Just let us go and in the long run, it will be best for you.
15. Try not to go psycho stalker with us. You have to admit that you all are a bit crazy. Men don't want to deal with crazy. Don't slash my tires or key my car—just let us go!
16. Men want women to be genuine. The real deal. Not fake. We independent women who aren't needy. If you could change a flat tire that would be a bonus, but not expected.
17. Emotionally intelligent women are appreciated. They are able to express themselves without the games that some play. We do not emotional games. We want to be able to have a conversation with you and not think you are contemplating castrating us.
18. Stop listening to your single female friends as to why your relationships aren't working; there is a reason most of those women are single. Start listening to your male friends, they just might have better advice. Better yet having open communication with the guy that you are interested in seems best.
19. We don't when you overuse makeup. Applying makeup to accentuate your beauty in a natural way is acceptable, but it's unacceptable if you look totally different once you wash your face.
20. We are not looking for high maintenance women. If I wanted high maintenance I would hire a hooker.
21. Respect each other's individuality. We might have different interests and that is fine. Companionship is nice, but understand that I might not want to spend all my free time with you. There is no need to argue or get upset if we decide to hang out with the boys all weekend. You hang out with the girls. It's a win-win!
22. We don't want to hear “I dunno” when we ask you a direct question. We would to hear “Yes” or “No.” Where do you wanna eat? What do you wanna do tonight? Just answer. We don't read minds. We also don't want to have to assume and then we both end up disappointed.
23. We want you to be yourself. We want you to be comfortable being with us. So when we do go out to eat, don't order a salad, order a steak. We want to watch you enjoy your meal and we don't want you picking at our food.
24. Just you appreciate compliments so do we. Tell us we look nice. Tell us we smell good. We aren't asking for an ego boost, OK maybe some of us are, we just to feel appreciated for the effort we put into our date.
25. My philosophy is to identify 2-3 absolute deal breakers; everything else is negotiable. This is easier than having a long list of must-haves. Deal breakers are essential when juggling multiple options.
Thank you to the men who shared their advice, thoughts, and opinions.
(Stay tuned for my upcoming article: 25 Things Single Women Want Men to Know)
We don't want to be mothered or smothered.