- What does pugnacious mean in English?
- What is a word for Out of Control?
- What is another word for putting things off?
- What does Bolshie mean?
- What does spiraling out of control mean?
- What is the synonym of chaotic?
- What is unforeseen future?
- What does truculent mean in English?
- What does put someone off mean?
- When something is beyond our control?
- What are the unforeseen circumstances?
- What’s the meaning of recalcitrant?
- Is procrastination related to anxiety?
What does pugnacious mean in English?
inclined to quarrel or fight readily; quarrelsome; belligerent; combative..
What is a word for Out of Control?
Words related to out of control disorderly, rebellious, uncontrollable, ungovernable, unmanageable, unruly, wild, carried away, out of hand.
What is another word for putting things off?
1. procrastination – the act of procrastinating; putting off or delaying or defering an action to a later time. cunctation, shillyshally. delay, holdup – the act of delaying; inactivity resulting in something being put off until a later time.
What does Bolshie mean?
1 often capitalized : bolshevik. 2 British : refusing to obey or help : defiant and uncooperative.
What does spiraling out of control mean?
It means that things have gone out of hand or to lose control over things. It means that things have gone out of hand or to lose control over things. See a translation.
What is the synonym of chaotic?
In this page you can discover 22 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for chaotic, like: disorderly, formless, helter-skelter, normal, disorganized, uncontrolled, confused, disordered, turbulent, muddled and riotous.
What is unforeseen future?
: impossible to predict or expect. See the full definition for unforeseeable in the English Language Learners Dictionary. unforeseeable.
What does truculent mean in English?
adjective. fierce; cruel; savagely brutal. brutally harsh; vitriolic; scathing: Their truculent criticism of my latest work was not entirely fair. aggressively hostile; belligerent.
What does put someone off mean?
to make someone not want to do something, or to make someone not like someone or something. Lack of parking space was putting potential customers off. Robert’s attitude towards women really puts me off. put someone off someone/something: I put him off the idea of going shopping with me.
When something is beyond our control?
Definition of circumstances beyond someone’s control : things that have happened that someone cannot change or influence Due to circumstances beyond our control, the flight is canceled.
What are the unforeseen circumstances?
Something unforeseen is the opposite: no one saw it coming. Accidents are usually unforeseen events: no one expects to get in a car or bike accident on a given day. Winning the lottery, since it’s so unlikely, would be an unforeseen event. … Unforeseen events can be good or bad, but they’re all surprises.
What’s the meaning of recalcitrant?
1 : obstinately defiant of authority or restraint. 2a : difficult to manage or operate. b : not responsive to treatment.
Is procrastination related to anxiety?
Procrastination is the result of avoidance, and both the result of and driver of anxiety. Anxiety associated with procrastination continues to fester and grows over time. Anxiety can become so uncomfortable that we seek relief for it, hoping there is some better way to tolerate things left undone.